In light of World Rabies Day on 28 September, we will dedicate this week’s post to Rabies: The facts, the figures, how to prevent it and our goals.
- Make sure your pets are vaccinated annually by a registered vet or DVO. Vaccines through a DVO are cheap, costing about Ksh 100.
- Do not touch unknown dogs and wildlife.
- Educate your community.
- “Do it yourself”: Facilitate/sponsor vaccinations of street dogs and pets of low income people in your community.
- Facilitate/sponsor sterilization of pets to reduce the spread of rabies in neglected pet populations.
- Contact TNR Trust for vets who participate in our community programme or contact a vet in your area through the Kenya Veterinary Board.
- Sponsor rabies vaccination campaigns by KSPCA, TNR Trust and other such institutions.
- TNR Trust’s mission is to help eradicate rabies in Kenya using a mobile clinic to
reach communities. Be part of driving this clinic – help us eradicate rabies and keep
Kenyan communities safe! Donate towards our mobile clinic – materials or cash – so we can reach many.
For more information on TNR Trust and Rabies Prevention, check out our flyer HERE.