Five reasons why Kenya needs a good dog and cat control programme:
- How good would it be if Kenya was a rabies free zone? You can help by getting your pet vaccinated against the disease.
- It’s sad to see stray, unwanted dogs and cats in poor health. By sterilising your pet – you’re making sure you don’t add to the number of unloved animals roaming Kenya’s streets.
- Stray animals don’t mix with Kenya’s unique wildlife or vital livestock. Sterilising your pet will reduce the number of dogs and cats becoming a nuisance.
- By adopting stray animals that can be rehomed, you’re preventing them being put to sleep unnecessarily.
- A low cost or free animal vaccination and sterilisation programme helps protect everyone in the community and goes a step closer towards ensuring that people and pets in Kenya are safe and healthy.